What will drive the markets this week?
Stocks closed lower last week as markets digested unsteady progress towards another fiscal stimulus package in Washington and unsuccessful Brexit talks in Europe, despite progress in vaccine rollouts and some of the biggest IPOs of the year.
This week, investors will be looking at the upcoming government shutdown deadline (again), a slew of economic data, and the Fed’s interest rate announcements.
Elections will also be in focus as the Electoral College Meets to Vote on the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election on Monday.
In earnings, investors will be looking at Nike’s quarterly earnings on Thursday. Other upcoming earnings include Lennar, General Mills, Rite Aid, FedEx, and Darden Restaurants.
Read more on these and other insights on what will drive the stock market this week.
Monday, December 14:
- Electoral College Meets to Vote on the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- Eurozone Industrial Production (October)
- Indian Consumer Price Index (CPI) (November)
- Chinese Industrial Production (November)
- Chinese Unemployment Rate (November)
- Japanese Services PMI (December)
Tuesday, December 15:
- U.K. Claimant Count Change (November)
- French CPI (November)
- Brazilian Central Bank Meeting Minutes
- U.S. New York State Manufacturing Index (December)
- U.S. Industrial Production (November)
- Japanese Trade Balance (November)
Wednesday, December 16:
- Markets closed in South Africa for Day of Reconciliation
- U.K. CPI (November)
- U.K. Preliminary Services and Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Indexes (PMIs) (December)
- French Preliminary Services and Manufacturing PMIs (December)
- German Preliminary Services and Manufacturing PMIs (December)
- U.S. Retail Sales (November)
- Canadian Core CPI (November)
- U.S. Federal Open Markets Committee Statement and Interest Rate Decision
Thursday, December 17:
- U.K. Bank of England QE and Interest Rate Decision
- U.S. Building Permits (November)
- U.S. Housing Starts (November)
- U.S. Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Index (December)
- Bank of Japanese Interest Rate Decision and Monetary Policy Statement
Friday, December 18:
- Deadline for U.S. Congress to Pass a Funding Bill to Avert Government Shutdown
- U.K. Retail Sales (November)
- German Ifo Business Climate Index (December)
- Canadian Core Retail Sales (October)
Investors Europe provides a wide selection of online trading platforms. Our execution-only multi-asset broker status allows our clients to place orders straight to the market in all asset classes, thus eliminating any conflict of interest. The platforms are highly customizable for desktop, web, and mobile devices, integrating major platforms such as Bloomberg EMSX, Fidessa, CQG, and many more. Contact us to find out which options we can offer to you at +230 54490369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.