What will drive the markets this week?
Global equities finished at record highs last week, driven by better-than-expected jobs report in the US and news that the Fed will begin tapering its bond-buying stimulus program later this month.
This week, investors will digest key economic data and corporate earnings from across the world. In the United States, the Fed will release results of its consumer inflation expectations survey on Monday, the Labor Department will post its Producer Price Index (PPI) for October on Tuesday, and its Consumer Price Index (CPI) on Wednesday.
Streaming services will be in focus as entertainment companies Tencent and Disney report earnings. Other companies reporting include Paypal, Roblox, AMC Entertainment, Virgin Galactic Holdings, TripAdvisor, Coinbase, BioNTech, DoorDash, NIO, Palantir, Oracle, Beyond Meat, Coupang, and AstraZeneca.
Monday, November 8:
- Earnings: Paypal, Roblox, AMC Entertainment, Tencent Music Entertainment Group, Five9, Virgin Galactic Holdings, and TripAdvisor report.
- U.S. Consumer Inflation Expectations (October)
- ZEW Economic Sentiment Index (November)
Tuesday, November 9:
- Earnings: Coinbase, BioNTech, DoorDash, NIO, Palantir, Wynn Resorts, McAfee, Sysco, and Toast report.
- NFIB Business Optimism Index
- U.S. Producer Price Index (October)
- WASDE Report
- China Producer Price Index (October)
- China Inflation Rate (October)
Wednesday, November 10:
- Earnings: Walt Disney, Affirm, SoFi, Oracle, Beyond Meat, and Duolingo earnings.
- MBA Mortgage Index (November)
- U.S. Consumer Price Index (October)
- Japan Producer Price Index (October)
Thursday, November 11:
- Earnings: Coupang, and Wix.com report.
Friday, November 12:
- Earnings: AstraZeneca, Li Auto, Warby Parker, and Spectrum Brands report.
- Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index, Preliminary (November)
- JOLTS Report (September)
- EA Industrial Production (September)
- India Manufacturing and Industrial Production (September).