What will drive the markets this week?
Global stocks closed higher last week, boosted by strong earnings from big banks and positive September retail sales data.
The earnings season continues with a tide of companies, including tech firms such as IBM, Intel, Netflix, Tesla reporting.
Investors will also digest economic data from across the world including an update on U.S. housing, US Industrial and Manufacturing Production, China Industrial Profits, and EA Markit Flash Services and Manufacturing PMI.
Monday, October 18:
- Earnings: State Street.
- US Industrial and Manufacturing Production (September)
- U.S. Capacity Utilization (September)
- NAHB Housing Market Index (October)
Tuesday, October 19:
- Earnings: Johnson & Johnson, Proctor & Gamble, Netflix, Philip Morris, BNY Mellon, and United Airlines.
- U.S. Building Permits and Housing Starts (September)
- China Industrial Profits (September)
Wednesday, October 20:
- Earnings: IBM, Tesla, Verizon, ASML, Biogen, Discover, Nasdaq, Northern Trust, and Citizens Financial Group.
- MBA Mortgage Applications
- EA Final Inflation Rate (September)
Thursday, October 21:
- Earnings: Intel, AT&T, Snap, Freeport-McMoRan, Danaher, and Blackstone
- U.S. Existing Home Sales (September)
- CB Leading Index (September)
- EA Flash Consumer Confidence (October)
Friday, October 22:
- Earnings: Honeywell, and American Express.
- U.S. Markit Flash Services and Manufacturing PMI (October)
- EA Markit Flash Services and Manufacturing PMI (October)