What will drive the markets this week?
September started well for markets, as major indices such as the Nasdaq and the S&P 500 topped new record highs several times in the first week. Tech stocks led the gains as industrials and financials lagged.
It is a four-day trading week in the US due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday. A couple of firms including Lululemon, SentinelOne, Gamestop, Oracle, Affirm Holdings & China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. report earnings.
In the economic calendar investors will be looking at the report on unemployment in the eurozone, the U.S. JOLTS report, and the Producer prices in the U.S. for August. The Bank of Canada meets Wednesday on monetary policy and interest rates.
Monday, September 6:
- Market holiday for Labor Day in the U.S.
- EA Construction PMI (August).
- Japan household spending (July).
- Earnings: China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.
Tuesday, September 7:
- EA Unemployment (Q2).
- EA GDP Growth (Q2).
- Japan GDP Growth (Q2).
- Earnings: UiPath.
Wednesday, September 8:
- Earnings: Lululemon, Copart, SentinelOne, Gamestop, and Korn Ferry.
- The Bank of Canada meets on monetary policy and interest rates.
- China Inflation Report (August).
- China PPI (August).
- U.S. JOLTS Report.
Thursday, September 9:
- Earnings: Oracle, Zscaler, Affirm Holdings, and Dave & Buster’s.
- ECB Interest Rate.
Friday, September 10:
- Kroger Reports Earnings.
- U.S. Core Producer Price Index (August).
- India Industrial and Manufacturing Production (July).