What will drive the markets this week?
Global equities closed sharply higher last week on positive economic data from the U.S. and signs of easing inflation as gauged by a reading on the Federal Reserve’s preferred measure of inflation. Still, government bonds and safe-haven assets rallied as concerns mount about the risk of recession in the U.S. Meanwhile, crude oil prices rose, closing the week at $115 per barrel, on supply concerns and growing demand emerging from sanctions on Russia and reopening.
This week, investors will parse earning reports from companies including Salesforce, HP, GameStop, Broadcom, and Lululemon, among others. Economic data released this week include PMI surveys, consumer confidence and jobs reports.
Monday, May 30.
- U.S. Market Holiday
Tuesday, May 31.
- Earnings from Salesforce and HP.
- S&P Case-Shiller National Home Price Index (March)
- Federal Housing Finance Agency Home Price Index (March)
- Dallas Fed Manufacturing Index (May)
- CB Consumer Confidence (May)
- Chicago PMI (May)
Wednesday, June 1.
- Earning reports Chewy, GameStop, and PVH.
- S&P Global Manufacturing PMI (May)
- JOLTS Job Openings & Quits (April)
- Dallas Fed Services Index (May)
- Fed Beige Book
Thursday, June 2.
- Earnings from Broadcom, CrowdStrike, and Lululemon.
- ADP Private Sector Payrolls (May)
- Factory Orders (April)
Friday, June 3.
- Nonfarm Payrolls Report (May)
- S&P Global Composite PMI - Final (May)
- ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI (May)