What will drive the markets this week?
Stocks ended mixed last week, with a slump in technology stocks and a rise in bond yields, as investors moved their money from growth to cyclical stocks of companies that would benefit from reopening and stronger economic growth this year. This week investors will be looking at the upcoming fiscal stimulus, and annoouncements from the Fed and other central banks as well as February retail sales. Investors will also closely monitor the movement of the US Treasury Bond yields amid worries of a commodity rally that could result in inflation.
Events that will drive the market this week
Monday, March 15:
- Markets closed in Mexico for Benito Juarez’s Birthday.
- Indian Wholesale Price Index (WPI) (February).
- Canadian Housing Starts (February).
- Canadian Manufacturing Sales (January).
- U.S. New York Empire State Manufacturing Index (March).
Tuesday, March 16:
- French Consumer Price Index (CPI) (February).
- Italian (CPI) (February).
- German ZEW Economic Sentiment Index (March).
- U.S. Retail Sales (February).
- U.S. Industrial Production (February).
- Japanese Trade Balance (February).
Wednesday, March 17:
- Eurozone CPI (February).
- U.S. Building Permits (February).
- U.S. Housing Starts (February).
- Canadian CPI (February).
- U.S. Federal Reserve Federal Open Market Committee Statement, Interest Rate Decision, and Press Conference.
- Brazilian Central Bank Interest Rate Decision.
Thursday, March 18:
- Eurozone Trade Balance (January).
- Bank of England (BoE) Quantitative Easing and Interest Rate Decisions and Announcements.
- U.S. Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Index (March).
- Bank of Japanese Press Conference and Interest Rate Decision.
Friday, March 19:
- Canadian Retail Sales (January).
- German Producer Price Index (PPI)
Investors Europe provides a wide selection of online trading platforms. Our execution-only multi-asset broker status allows our clients to place orders straight to the market in all asset classes, thus eliminating any conflict of interest. The platforms are highly customizable for desktop, web, and mobile devices, integrating major platforms such as Bloomberg EMSX, Fidessa, CQG, and many more.
Contact us today to find out which options we can offer to you at +230 54490369 or email@example.com.