What will drive the markets this week?
Global stocks closed lower last week as markets retreated on uncertainty surrounding the Ukraine-Russia crisis, amid fears of a war breaking out and the prospect of a tighter Federal Reserve monetary policy.
This week, U.S. equity markets are closed on Monday for the Presidents Day holiday. Over the week, investors will review earnings reports from several companies, including Home Depot, Diamondback Energy, eBay, NetEase, Moderna, Block, Coinbase Global and others.
In economic data, the IHS Markit will release February flash manufacturing and services PMI readings in the U.S. and around the world this week.
Monday, February 21:
- Earnings from Williams Companies.
- U.S. markets closed for the Presidents Day holiday.
Tuesday, February 22:
- Earnings from Home Depot, Medtronic, Agilent Technologies, CoStar Group, Diamondback Energy, ICON, and Caesars Entertainment.
- S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index (December).
- U.S. Markit Manufacturing and Services Flash PMI (February)
- Conference Board Consumer Confidence (February)
- EA Markit Manufacturing and Services Flash PMI (February)
Wednesday, February 23:
- Earnings from Booking Holdings, TJX Companies, Stellantis, eBay, ANSYS, NetApp, Coterra Energy, and Bath & Body Works.
- EA Inflation (January)
Thursday, February 24:
- Earnings from NetEase, Intuit, Dell Technologies, Moderna, Block, Keurig Dr Pepper, Coinbase Global, Newmont Corp, Zscaler, CBRE, and Wayfair.
- U.S. GDP Growth, Second Estimate (Q4 2021)
- U.S. New Home Sales (January)
Friday, February 25:
- Earnings from EOG Resources.
- U.S. Personal Income and Spending (January)
- U.S. PCE Price Index (January)
- U.S. Durable Goods Orders (January)
- U.S. Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index, Final (February)
- EA Loans to households and companies
- EA Consumer Confidence (February)