What will drive the markets this week?
Global stocks fell last week on continuing geopolitical tensions between Russia and Ukraine, rising oil prices, sharp drop in consumer sentiment in leading economies, and uncertainty around tightening monetary policy.
This week, the US Senate Banking Committee meets to vote on Fed Chair Jerome Powell’s reappointment, along with the nominations of several others.
Investors will also parse plenty of earnings, with firms including NVIDIA, Walmart, Airbnb, Shopify, Applied Materials, Roku, DraftKings, Palantir and more reporting.
Investors will also get key updates on economic data, including on inflation and Producer Price Index (PPI).
Monday, February 14:
- Earnings from Arista Networks and Advance Auto Parts.
Tuesday, February 15:
- Earnings from Airbnb, Ecolab, Marriott International, Roblox, and ViacomCBS.
- NY Empire State Manufacturing Index (February)
- U.S. Producer Price Index (January)
- U.S. Senate Banking Committee Vote
Wednesday, February 16:
- Earnings from NVIDIA, Cisco, Applied Materials, Shopify, Analog Devices, Kraft Heinz, and Hilton Worldwide.
- Retail Sales (January)
- U.S. Industrial and manufacturing production (January)
- Capacity Utilization (January)
- NAHB Housing Index (February)
- FOMC Minutes
Thursday, February 17:
- Earnings from Walmart, The Southern Company, Palantir, Hormel Foods, and Roku.
- U.S. Housing Starts and Building Permits (January)
- Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Index (February)
Friday, February 18:
- Earnings from Deere & Company, DraftKings, and Bloomin’ Brands.
- U.S. Existing Home Sales (January)
- CB Leading Index (January)