Gibraltar has provided cross-border financial services for over 30 years.
- Flexible and skilled labour market.
- Bilingual, with 50% of school leavers in Gibraltar going on to further education the UK.
- Unlike other finance centres, there are no job quotas in Gibraltar and no restrictions on residence or work permits for EU or EEA nationals.
- There is also a beneficial tax regime for expatriates with special skills working within the financial services industry.
- Abundance of quality commercial premises.
- Substantial high-quality office space to rent at very competitive prices.
The legal system is based on English common law and statutes as varied by local laws.
There is no capital gains tax, gift or wealth tax, or inheritance tax in Gibraltar.
Apart from a land link with Spain, there are daily flights to London. Many other destinations can be reached via Malaga airport which is approximately one hour's drive from Gibraltar.
No exchange controls
Investors enjoy complete freedom to remit funds into (subject to proof of origin) or out of Gibraltar and to convert funds to other currencies.
The pound is the unit of currency in Gibraltar. There are local notes and coinage on a par with sterling.
Excellent financial and legal institutions
Over 20 banks and three of the "Big Five" accounting firms are established. Gibraltar also has one of the highest number per capita of lawyers in the world, and a flourishing investment management sector. There is therefore a keen sense of competition within the finance centre to provide exceptional standards of service at reasonable cost.
Gibraltar has access to all modern forms of communications and technology. The telecommunications industry has also been liberalised to encourage investment and competition. E-Commerce legislation has also been enacted.
With an average of 300 days of sunshine, Gibraltar has 60 top-class golf courses on its doorstep and a whole variety of other sports such as tennis, sailing, polo, diving, shooting and horse riding, all available locally or within easy reach.